Today is the first day of my life that I see everyone is talking about the same thing in a positive way. Today is the day Muhammad Ali died at 74 years old, he is the greatest boxer of all time. Uniting the whole world is a legacy in it’s self. Muhammad Ali is an inspiration to everyone, whether white, black, Muslim or christian. He left a good legacy that will be hard to be replicated as BBC world said ” There will never be another Muhammad Ali.” Muhammad Ali was not only an athlete but he is a peace advocate and also philanthropist. He left us with greatest quotes to leave our lives upon, some of these quotes are :
- “At home I am a nice guy: but I don’t want the world to know. Humble people, I’ve found, don’t get very far.
- “Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them, a desire, a dream, a vision.”
- “A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
- “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.”
- “I don’t smoke, but I keep a match box in my pocket. When my heart slips towards a sin, I burn a match stick and heat my palm, then I say to myself: Ali, you can’t bear even this heat, how would you bear the unbearable heat of hell”
I will end this with quote from Dr. Yasir Qhadi ”
Br. Muhammad Ali! I know you will not read these words. Yet still, I write them because I am at once proud and humbled to consider you my brother, and to know that we are a part of one Ummah. I consider it a personal loss that I never got to meet you. But I sincerely pray that eventually we shall be together in Jannah, and I look forward to the day that you will dazzle me with your fiery eloquence and make me laugh with your humble humor.
May Allah bless you in your remaining time on this earth, and grant you the best in the next life! Ameen…”